Ok so I get a HUGE fail for this blog. I am so sorry to all of my followers for being so terrible at this. I'm ready to try again and hopefully can do it. There is so much that goes on in this busy household and life in general that I would love to share. So here it goes. Let me start with the surrogate journey. One word to sum it all up....AMAZING.
The pregnancy was pretty uneventful. I was healthy and had no major problems. My Dr scheduled my c-section for June 24, 2011 which would have been 39 weeks. Knowing my body the way I do, I had a feeling I was not making it that far. During my 36th week I started having some swelling problems and actually ended up going in to Labor and Delivery to get it checked out. My blood pressure was slightly elevated but I was able to go home. Other then the swelling and having little energy I was feeling pretty good. The parents arrived in the US on June 10, 2011 and were getting settled into their rental apartment in San Fran. They made the short trip to Sac to spend the day with the kids and I on June 12. We took some pictures together and visited for some time. I could see the excitement in their eyes and I knew that I was going to witness something so amazing.
June 13, 2011 I woke up at midnight to mild contractions. I thought I was just having some painful braxton hicks but when 2am rolled around and they were still coming I decided I better start timing them. They were about every 7 minutes from 2am-4am and I finally decided to go to Labor and Delivery to be checked out. Because I was having a C-section, I knew the Dr did not want me to go into full labor. So I grabbed a few things (I hadn't packed my bag yet) and left. It was quite strange driving myself to the hospital, but since this wasn't my child I felt weird calling my mom or my friend and waking them up. On my way to the hospital I called L&D and told them I thought I was in labor. The nurse replied "Have you called your Dr" I tell her No since it is 4 in the morning. She proceeds to give me the number to my Dr's office and says I must call the on call Dr before I come in. Confused I call and tell the lady that I think I am in labor and I need to speak to the on call Dr. She takes my info down and tells me she will have the Dr call me right back. I arrived at the hospital and decided to park and wait for the Dr to call me. Contractions were about every 5 minutes by now and they were pretty intense, but not unbearable quite yet. Well I sat in my car until 5:30 am and still no call back. The contractions had become less frequent and I decided to go home to try and get some much needed sleep.
I was only able to sleep from 6am-7:30am but then woke up to more contractions. I knew my Dr office opened at 8 and I could talk to the nurse then. So I packed my bag and text my friend to let her know what was going on. She told me she would take me in if that's what my Dr wanted me to do. When I finally reached the nurse she was frustrated that no one called me back and she said that my Dr wanted me to go to L&D as soon as I could. I arrived to L&D around 10am. I informed the parents that I was there being monitored and that I would let them know as soon as I knew what was going on. They had some time. Not to my surprise they were way to excited to wait so they jumped in their car and headed to the hospital. I was monitored for what seemed to be hours, thankfully my friend stayed the whole time and kept me company. My Dr ordered some blood tests because my BP was slightly elevated again. He came in to see me around 1 and told me that I had high levels of uric acid in my blood and that if it was alright with all of us today would be the DAY!!! The parents were beyond ready to meet their little guy.
After a few more hours I was prepped and ready to go. Both parents were dressed in their scrubs and ready to go. So adorable. They were taking pictures of everything and their excitement level was as high as it could get. I was so happy for them. Around 5:35pm a very healthy baby boy came into the world weighing 7lbs 11 ounces and 20 inches long. Such a handsome and healthy little guy. Parents were ecstatic and their were tears of joy in all of our eyes. I watched it all unfold before my eyes. The love that they have for their baby was so adorable and grand.
I was able to visit them a few times during my hospital stay and each time my heart was full of love. My stay in the hospital was okay. I was healing quickly and anxious to get home to my children. My Dr was very impressed at how quickly my body healed and how fast I was up and moving around. This being my 4th c-section I kind of know the tricks. I was discharged June 16 and felt great.
We were so blessed to be able to visit the new little family a few times before their long journey home to Italy. We spent the day with them in San Fran, took some pictures, had lunch, and visited the Aquarium. The kids adore them and they adore the kids. So cute. We are all so blessed to have 3 new additions to our family, our surrogate family is what we like to call them. I am thankful to get updates and pictures from them. Baby Boy Dream is doing great. He is an adorable 3 month old and so very loved. Such an amazing journey and I would not have changed anything about it. I knew from the beginning that they would make amazing parents and that their child would be loved as much as humanly possible. I am so grateful to the people that were there with me every step of the way and supported me from the beginning. I am grateful to have such supportive people in my circle.






