CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

School has begun

Thank god school has started! The kids were getting bored and I think were very ready to start as well. Anthony and I said farewell to summer with a last trip to six flags. Just him and I. We had a blast! We spent all day there and rode almost every single ride. Thank god for Dramamine.

  Anthony started junior high. I'm pretty sure I was more nervous than him. He has 6 classes a day and all being High Achiever classes. I couldn't be more proud of him. It has been a huge adjustment and I'm not sure he was aware of how different junior high would be. There is definitely more homework, more projects, and more studying. He has also realized that in junior high the teachers do not hold your hand. They expect so much more and they expect you to know what to do without being told a million times. So far he is doing great. He has adjusted and is enjoying being a "big kid".

  Eric started 1st grade and is loving it. He is still so advanced for his age. He is reading at a 3rd grade level and is doing great at learning all of the new things. The one thing I am working on with him is his shyness. He is such a quiet child and its hard for him to make new friends because of it. We are working on it though.  Last week he had an incident at school involving a little girl. The little girl pushed him down and he fell flat on his head on the concrete. Poor guy had a bump the size of a softball when I picked him up. It has gone down but is still bruised. I'm hoping it is gone by picture day but it doesn't look promising. Thanks little girl for being a bully at the age of 6!

  Jaxson is in his 2nd year of preschool and enjoys it. He is doing much better at tracing his name and staying in the lines while coloring. Hes still having some speech problems and sees the speech therapist once a week. I'm working on getting him in 2x a week because I think he would benefit much more. But all in all he is doing well.

  Xavier is home with me for now, we are waiting for a spot to open up in Jaxsons class and then he to will be in Preschool. But for now he is really enjoying his 3 1/2 hour alone time with mom. He is a handful at times and a very strong willed boy. I am very happy to announce that he is fully potty trained, which saves this family about $150 a month. On the downside of that....I wish boys knew how to get 100% of their pee IN the toilet, because I find myself cleaning the bathrooms at least once a day.


  All in all we are doing well. I'm a taxi most days and a busy mom at that. My goal is to be able to update all my friends and family at least once a week. There really is never a dull moment in this household and I'm sure most stories would crack you up.