It has been brought to my attention that I am not updating my blog. I am horrible at this. I do have so much to say, I mean hello I have 4 very active boys and I am on a very exciting Surrogacy journey. Where should I begin...I guess I should have looked at my last post to figure out where I left off.
Christmas has come and gone and it was more than exciting in The Thomas Household. Christmas Eve I think I out did myself by making a HUGE dinner for everyone. Our family, my mom, dad, sister, and Steve. I made my first 2 hams which turned out great. It was exhausting but totally worth it. Christmas morning Grandma and Pa Lewis were here bright and early to drop off a gift from Santa. A very special gift. They set it up out in the backyard and came inside as all of the boys were waking up. We opened presents and Steve made breakfast for everyone. At the end of all the gifts Grandma noticed 2 candy canes in the Christmas tree, ones that had little notes on them. One was for Anthony and the other was for all of the boys. They did as the notes instructed and went running to the backyard. Anthony had a brand new BMX bike out there and then there was a wooden cage (made by Santa-pa) and a little bunny foo foo inside. Eric was ecstatic. He had been BUGGING me for the past 2 weeks about a rabbit. Needless to say, we don't see much of Eric anymore. He can usually be found outside talking to Mr. Bugs Thomas (the name he came up with).
Christmas afternoon Great Grandma and Great Grandpa came over and spent some time with us. We put out left over ham and a bunch of desserts that I baked the day before. It was so nice to have them. I see the light in my grandpas eyes when he talks to the boys, its so sweet! The picture that I am posting is one I took on Christmas Eve. Can you see the big ball of light near Xavier's head....is it a sign from Alex?
As for the pregnancy. Lets see. I am 16 weeks. I have finally found a Dr that I like and that is close by, which has been my major struggle for the past month. Since my insurance is a very rare one, most Dr offices haven't heard of it and assume they don't take it. So after some struggles I have chosen a Mercy San Juan Doctor. I was very hesitant to go with a Mercy doctor, since that would mean I would deliver at Mercy and since I associate Mercy San Juan with the tragic morning of Alex's death I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. But I think that it could be part of a healing process. I talk to the Parents at least a few times a week through email. They plan on making another trip out here in Feb for the 20 week ultrasound where they will be able to see what they will be having.
Well that's all for now. My new years resolution is to become better at these updates. However like I said I do have 4 very active boys, which means I don't always have time to be on the computer, if I did I would be worried. Thank god for my IPhone, where I can just take a quick look at facebook, check emails, etc.



