Sorry to all my readers that I haven't posted in so long. About 10 minutes after posting my last one, Eric decided to split his head open on one of our side tables and it was off to the ER for a few staples. And I think from that night on its been a hectic busy household. Eric is fine, of course! He thought he was so cool having staples in his head.
The Parents came in from Italy to attend an ultrasound with me. They took Steve and I to lunch and hung out at our house for a few hours. They really enjoyed playing with our kids. The kids absolutely loved them as well. There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to make amazing parents! I can see the love they have for each other and it just warms my heart to know that they will have a child to share their happiness with. They plan to come back out here for the big ultrasound at the end of January or beginning of February to see what gender their little one is.
Next up we had to face the dreaded anniversary of Alex's death. So instead of staying in town we headed to Las Vegas to spend Thanksgiving week with Steve's parents. I think that the day before November 23 was the toughest this year. I had anxiety about the actual day which made it tough. I was also sharing a bed with Xavier at night in the guest bedroom which causes anxiety for me as well. I am constantly waking up and going through the motions when he sleeps next to me. Even though I know he is past the SIDS age, I still can't stop checking on him. I managed to get through it all though. Staying very busy kept my mind calm. We did some gambling (I hit another royal flush), did some shopping, ate, and visited with that side of the family. Thanksgiving was good. Different good. We headed home the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The kids did great both ways (8-9 hours each way).
Everything has been going great with the pregnancy. Ive had a bit of "morning sickness", but nothing I cant handle. Last week there was bit of a scare. I started spotting and called my nurse in Pasadena who informed me to just relax and stay off my feet, but if I started bleeding and cramping any worse (If I soaked a pad in an hour) than I was to go to the local Emergency Room to be checked. My close friend Janet came over to help out with the kids until Steve got home. As soon as she left my house I took a turn for the worse. My cramps intensified and I was bleeding steady. I knew I needed to be seen so I had her come back to get me and head to the ER. My cramps were so bad at times that I was doubled over and in tears. I checked into the ER and after about 1 1/2 hours they got me back. The nurse started an IV and gave me some dilaudid (thanks for the clarification Lauressa) for the pain and zofran for nausea. As well as my Rho gam shot because of my RH factor. After that they sent me off for an ultra sound. I was pretty positive that it was going to be bad news, because what I was experience was definitely NOT normal. It was the longest ultrasound ever. Probably lasted a good hour. He was checking everything, but wouldn't say anything to me. Afterwards he told me the results would be in after about an hour and they would let me know. About an hour later the Dr came in and told me that everything checked out good and normal. He informed me that it could be the start of a miscarriage but maybe not. He told me to take it easy and basically it was a waiting game. I went home and finally after day 6 I stopped bleeding.
I went in today for some blood work and the nurse said that it is very common to get pockets of blood or blood clots after an IVF. And that it is very common to have some bleeding. And now I am waiting to hear back from the nurse with my results to see if I am finally able to stop the hormone therapy. If I am able to stop then I will be released to my OB and I can begin to start being seen once a month instead of weekly. I am so hopeful for that.
So that is the last 4 weeks in a nutshell. So sorry I have been horrible at updates, but as you can see I have had my hands full. Emotionally and Physically. But all is great now. Bring on Christmas!!!



