CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

8 weeks along

That's what I will be on Thursday at 10am. So weird that I can tell you exactly how far along I am to the tee. I think its kinda cool! These past few days I have experienced a bit of so called "morning sickness". Of course its not just in the morning but is through out the day. However it isn't at all bad. Just a little queasy and I haven't felt like eating much until afternoon. Toothpaste makes me gag, but that's happened with all my boys as well. The smell of Steve frying his hot links this morning caused me to barf....I told him he is banned from those until further notice.

I'm still having to do the daily intramuscular Progesterone injection and the every 3rd day intramuscular Estrogen injection. I have not gotten used to them and I now despise needles. I'm looking forward to being told I no longer need all of these hormones anymore (which should be within a few weeks). I am still very thankful for my friend who administers all of my injections for me. My goal is to be able to do at least one of these injections before they are discontinued. I know I can do it, its just getting there. I'm getting closer and closer to being able to do it. By the 10th week of pregnancy the placenta will finally take over making the injection and hormone pills no longer needed. HOOOORAY!!!

Next Monday I have another ultrasound that the Intended Parents actually get to be present for. I am so excited for them to be able to be a part of this so early on. The will be arriving from Italy on the Saturday before. Although they are staying in the bay area they will be making the drive to pick me up for my appointment on that Monday. So exciting!

As for the Thomas Family, we are all doing very well. The boys are all enjoying school and looking forward to all the holidays coming up. With it being November I am having a bit of anxiety as we approach the 2nd year mark without or son. We miss him so much. As the cold weather approaches, many memories surface for me. But I am and will push through it just like I have for the past 23 months. Behind my smiles I hide tears. And just because I have semi learned to cope, doesn't mean I am over it or past the pain. As November 23 approaches I ask everyone that has children to just hug them a little tighter and show them a little extra love. Be thankful this Thanksgiving that you have your children with you at the dinner table. Some of us don't have that privilege.