CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A bit of a scare but all turned out good.

So as you all know I tested positive. Well I woke up on my birthday (October 17) at 3:30 am with major cramping and some blood. This cramping lasted for about an hour and was horrible. I was scared that I was in the middle of miscarrying. Since I have never miscarried I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The bleeding persisted for the rest of the day as did some minor cramping. I called my clinic and explained what was going on and the nurse told me just to monitor the bleeding and cramping and to stay in bed. I didn't have an appointment scheduled until that following Friday, so I went all week feeling a little nervous and sad for the parents.

Thankfully I went in for some blood work that Friday and my levels were great. They are still pregnant. Thank goodness. I was worried that they might  be getting bad news and that we would be starting all over again. But that's not the case. I'm still on limited activity and need to take it easy as much as I can. I have an ultrasound scheduled for this upcoming Friday, where they will be able to find a heartbeat or heartbeats. We still don't know if its only one or more. My levels are still pretty high (which is great). I'm on a daily progesterone injection which is getting very old and tiresome. I cant tell if its all the hormones that are making me so tired or if its the actual pregnancy. Maybe both.

Just wanted to do a quick update for all of you. Things are going well in the Thomas household. The boys are good. Loving school, and let me tell you SO AM I!