Thank goodness for amazing friends that just so happen to be in the medical field! I got the call from my LA clinic to inform me to start the Leuprolide injections tonight.
Lupron: a man made hormone that regulates many processes in the body. It overstimulates the bodies own production of certain hormones, which causes that production to be temporarily shut down. It will reduce my estrogen levels and will prevent me from ovulating.
As soon as I got the instructions to start the medication I immediately called on my friend Lauressa to come over and help me out. Wasn't so bad. Small needle and very small dosage of the medication made it easier, not to mention I had an actual nurse administrating it to me! Thanks girl!
I will be on this medication for at least 14 days. According to Lauressa I will be a "pro" with needles in a few! We shall see! Since this is just a quick poke in my fat, I hope to be ok with it. Guess will have no choice while I am in Tahoe for the wedding, right?



