CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 15, 2010

My new journey

Some of you know and some of you don't know about the new journey I will be embarking upon. I have been thinking about this long and hard for almost a year. Although it has been in my thoughts and life long dreams for much longer than that, I am finally beginning this new journey. This was a pretty big decision that Steve and I had to make on our own. There was a lot of thought that went into this descision and I am proud to announce.

This coming Wed we will start the journey of surrogacy. We have decided to give someone the most precious gift ever.....life. This is a long process and will be a long journey. It isnt something that happens overnight. Wed is our first step of many. Steve and I will be flying out to LA for the agencies full assessment and psych evaluation. We have already been cleared and accepted but this is only phase one. I will not be "pregnant" for at least 6 more months (most likely longer). There will be many steps and many phases and I cannot wait!

I cannot even imagine not having had my 5 children. They are the reason I am here, my life, my whole world. Without them I would be lost. I know how it feels to lose a child, but I could never imagine the feeling of not ever being able to have had that child. I am a firm believer that it is better to have had loved and lost than to have never loved at all. And what better feeling will it be to be able to give someone that love and that child that they cannot themselves have without help from a surrogate.

For those of you with questions...let me try and answer some. This will not be my child in any way. Not my egg. I will be basically giving their baby a place to "rent" or "live" for 10 months. In no way shape or form will it be related to me. This is a  long process (as I said above), therefore I will NOT be getting pregnant on Wed. I will get to look and meet potential parents and between Steve and I we will get to chose who we believe to be the right people. And then in return the parents will get to look at us and do the same. This is very exciting news for us, so I am hoping that our friends and family will support us every step of the way. I will be blogging often to keep everyone updated on this exciting journey.