And its time for a few updates.
Steve and I are back from our quick but long day trip to LA to meet with the Agency. We arrived in LA at about 9:30 am, that airport is HUGE. Our car that was supposed to be waiting for us was nowhere to be seen so we ended up hoping in a taxi for our first apt. I had to take a 600 question test on the computer, I guess you could say a personality test. We had our psych evaluation, which included a long question and answer time with the Dr. We were cleared by the psychologist to proceed with the process. She was amazed by my strength after the loss of my son (as I have found that most are). We then hoped in another taxi and headed to Pasadena for our medical tests. Blood work and a Uterine exam. All went well, although Steve looked a little ghostly as he was being pricked. They did an ultrasound on me to make sure everything looked good and was in its place. No cysts and all is well. So our next step is to start looking at profiles to find a match. I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to start looking through profiles and then to finally meet the intended parents! So exciting!!
With the start of spring it was time to start my garden. While beginning I noticed that I had 2 bulbs growing and beginning to bloom. Took me a few days to realize where they had come from, but we did. My dad planted them after Andy died. They were some of the flowers I had took home from Sarah's house after the funeral. Well they bloomed on St Patricks day, which was the mark of 1 year of his passing. How perfect! Beautiful flowers that will forever remind me of him now when I look at them. That night I actually had a very long "Andy" moment. One of my firsts actually. I think my mind is finally letting me grasp the fact that he is gone and not coming back. Man I miss that guy. I'm so blessed to have had him part of my life. And I will make sure my children grow to know what an amazing man/godfather he was.
Anyways, I planted all kinds of things this year and I hope that my green thumb has become green and not black. Usually I cant grow or keep anything alive. We have carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkins, brussels sprouts, and sunflowers so far. I'm headed back to the store this week for some strawberries and some herbs. Gardening has become one of my favorite things to do. Its therapy for me. And to look outside and see things growing makes it even better!
Anthony is doing terrific in school. He has all 3s and all Os. I'm so proud of him. He's been losing teeth left and right, pretty soon that boy will have more money than me. He has been trying to sweet talk me into putting him in full contact football. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Kind of scary to me. But I told him I would really think about it.
Eric is doing wonderful in school as well. He has made such progress in writing his name and letters. Its amazing to me how quick he can grasp things. Jaxson and Xavier are just alike. They fight all day long with each other and it drives me insane. Very rarely do I catch them playing nicely together. So if the house goes quiet too long, I know something is up. Jaxson is seeing a speech therapist every Thursday and we have been seeing some progress which is great. We finally took his crib down and put his twin bed in his room. So now him and Eric sleep in the same room. So far so good. Although they wake up super early and now Jaxson is able to just get up. Xavier is a big dude. Talks up a storm and he knows how to hold his own in this house. Hes got a bit of a temper. He knows what he wants and when he wants it. They are all growing like weeds and keeping me on my toes. Im tired most days by about 7pm, but it is all worth it.
As for me, I'm doing great. Still trying to work on myself. Ive put the job search on hold for right now. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go back to work, but after sending out a dozen resumes and not hearing anything I got a little discouraged. But I will start again soon. I'm having a blast with the local MOMS group that I am in. We do a lot of things during the week and just love to go out and have fun. Its great and I couldn't ask for a better group of women.



