Our journey began on March 12 at about 1:30pm. We had 411 miles to go. Mom was driving, me in the passenger seat and Miss Jill in the back of the cobalt! We saw some interesting things on our way. We entered a few rain storms, but they weren't too bad. We ended up a little lost in the end but after 9 hours of driving (mom drove it all) we finally arrived to our hotel. The Hampton Inn and Suites in Camarillo CA was beautiful. Our room was great! After checking in to our room Jill and I decided to go out and about to look around. We found an In N Out and had dinner. Then just drove around to scope out the town. It was dark but we could tell we were gonna have a blast. We called it a night at about 10.
The next morning came quick and I was anxious to get ready for our big day. With our Alex shirts on we arrived at Constitution Park at about 8:30am. There were people everywhere. We found Yolanda and said Hi. Checked in and got our numbers pinned to our shirts. The walk began at about 9:15am. 5k here we come. Let me just tell you how gorgeous Camarillo is. There are flowers EVERYWHERE, it smells like flowers, the sidewalks are spacious and clean, birds are chirping. I would kill to live in this town. It made our walk very enjoyable. It was a long walk but worth every step. I knew I was walking for my son and for all of our Sacramento SIDS babies. We ended the walk in 1hr 7 min. After the walk there was a beautiful ceremony to present awards to all the police, fire, and emt people that helped Yolanda on that dreaded day her daughter passed. White doves were released, a band played, and songs for the kids. It was a very fun filled yet sad day. Bittersweet to the fullest.
We enjoyed the rest of our day at Ventura Beach. Watched the sunset and had dinner. It was going to be an early night since we were all pretty tired from the busy day. There were a lot of laughs, a few tears shed, but a wonderful time all in all! I cant thank Yolanda enough for making it possible for us to come and join in the walk. We had a fabulous time and cannot wait to have a walk here in Sacramento. I will post pictures as soon as I get my camera unpacked.
The next morning came quick and I was anxious to get ready for our big day. With our Alex shirts on we arrived at Constitution Park at about 8:30am. There were people everywhere. We found Yolanda and said Hi. Checked in and got our numbers pinned to our shirts. The walk began at about 9:15am. 5k here we come. Let me just tell you how gorgeous Camarillo is. There are flowers EVERYWHERE, it smells like flowers, the sidewalks are spacious and clean, birds are chirping. I would kill to live in this town. It made our walk very enjoyable. It was a long walk but worth every step. I knew I was walking for my son and for all of our Sacramento SIDS babies. We ended the walk in 1hr 7 min. After the walk there was a beautiful ceremony to present awards to all the police, fire, and emt people that helped Yolanda on that dreaded day her daughter passed. White doves were released, a band played, and songs for the kids. It was a very fun filled yet sad day. Bittersweet to the fullest.
We enjoyed the rest of our day at Ventura Beach. Watched the sunset and had dinner. It was going to be an early night since we were all pretty tired from the busy day. There were a lot of laughs, a few tears shed, but a wonderful time all in all! I cant thank Yolanda enough for making it possible for us to come and join in the walk. We had a fabulous time and cannot wait to have a walk here in Sacramento. I will post pictures as soon as I get my camera unpacked.



