CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It is def an update time







Life has been crazy these past few months. So crazy, that I even forgot that I owned a blog. I must apologize for that. The Thomas Family has been sick for the past few weeks. Fighting off the cold/flu once and then getting it all for a 2nd time. Xavier had a huge case of hives. At first I was almost positive that he had chicken pox. Come to find out that he must be allergic to something that is in Gatorade, and it gave him hives.






Lets see....Anthony turned 9 on Oct 9. We had a party for him at the bowling alley. Nobody showed up, it ended up being Me, Eric, My mom, My dad, and Aunt Jill. Even though he was dissapointed and a little hurt that none of his friends showed, we had a BLAST. Bowling and Lazer tag....I think the adults may have enjoyed it a little too much. Anthony is doing wonderful in school. He has a wonderful teacher, who has been so understanding and compassionate towards him. His behavior has done a complete 180. We are so proud of him. He is participating in Fall Baseball and of course loves it.






Eric is enjoying Preschool. It took him a few weeks to get in the swing of things. He wasnt very fond of me leaving him, but now he could care less. It lasts from 8am-11:30am, so a good stretch away from us. He has a new best friend, and looks foward to playing with him daily. He loves to learn, although he knows most of what is being taught. He started his Art Bereavment Group as well, and he likes it alot. Its good for him to be in a room with children his age and talk about Alex.






Jaxson has officially hit the terrible 2's. Man has he! He knows what he wants, and he will do everything in his power to try and get that. He is 100% boy. Tough as can be. Him and Eric are the best of buds or should I say Partners in Crime. They try and get away with it all.






Xavier is my love bug. He loves to cuddle with his mom. Such a mommas boy. Reminds me of Eric when Eric was that age. His smile will light up the room. And as soon as mom walks in the room he is full of smiles.....it melts my heart every time. But don't let that fool you, he is a BRUT. He is tough tough tough. He likes to beat up on Jaxson, and you will be surprised to know that Xavier usually comes up the winner.






As for me, I'm doing well. I'm a grieving mother that must push forward. I know that I am moving forward but feel that with every 10 steps forward I also take 2 steps back. Certain things will set me off still, and I am trying to get beyond that. I have certainly realized who my true friends are and who will always be. Its funny to me that in the beginning of my journey I had a ton of people around me, now I only have a handful. But those handful have kept me pushing forward. For every friendship that I have lost I feel I have gained 2 more. Most people don't know what to say, or some feel uncomfortable around me, so they distant themselves and some just delete me from their life's....What I have to say to them is "Its your loss and my gain". The ones that help me keep my sons legacy alive are the only ones that I want around me.






I am going to try and post on my blog more often. Especially for my family. I love you all and appreciate each and every single one of you more than you know.