
It's been a couple months now since you departed earth
I am really glad I had you I'm glad for your birth
I'm sorry you never got to fly and experience joy and pain
I'm sorry you never got the chance to go and dance in the rain
I'm sorry you never got to see the stars in the sky
I'm sorry you never got to see the birds when they fly
I'm sorry you never got to feelthe warmth of the sun
I'm sorry you never got the chance in life to go and run
But I'm not sad I had you Or got to see you smile
and I'm not sorry you came to me if only for a while
I got to hold you and cuddle you so close
I got to love and feed you and that I miss the most
I got to change your clothes and whisper in your ear
and I told you that I loved you
and I'm sure you could hear
I know I'll hold you in Heaven
and see you smile again
Someday I'll be with you
the way it should have been.



