CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

You don't know how I feel


You dont know how I feel- please dont tell me that you do
Theres just one way to know-have you lost a child too?
"You'll have another child- must I hear this each day?
Can I get another mother, too, if mine should pass away?

Dont say it was "Gods Will"---Thats not the God I know
Would God on purpose break my heart, then watch as my tears flow?
"You have an angel in heaven---a precious child above"
But, tell me, to whom here on earth should I give this love?

"Arent you better yet?" Is that what I heard you say?
NO! A part of my heart aches---I'll always feel some pain.
You think that silence is kind, but it hurts me even more
I want to talk about my child who has gone through deaths door.

Dont say these things to me, although you do mean well
They do not take my pain away, I must go through the hell
I will get better slow but sure---and it helps to have you near
But a simple "Im sorry you lost your child" is all I need to hear.
Written by Gail Fasolo