CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Much needed Update


Wow where have I been? Well we were without Internet for sometime. Had to pick and choose what was necessity and what was not during the holiday season. And Internet is def not a necessity for this family!


Christmas in the Thomas Household turned out to be wonderful even though it was stressful at the same time. Citrus Heights Police Department called to tell us that they wanted to "adopt" us this year. The Monday before X-mas they made a drop off. Not an ordinary drop off, there was about 6 cop cars (with sirens and lights), the "padiwagon", Santa, and maybe 6-8 police officers. Most of them were there on the fatal morning of Alex's death. It was amazing! They dropped off Christmas dinner and a bunch of gifts for the kids. Our neighbors had no clue what was going on, some came out crying, others running, I think they thought something had happened yet again to our family. The PD handed out stuffed animals to almost everyone in our neighborhood. I contained myself until nightfall where I had a thankful yet sad cry.


With the beginning of a new year I have really been working hard on my health. Gym 5 days a week, and starting to get a hang on this "healthy eating" stuff. Although I'm not seeing pounds shed, I do feel a lot better and notice that some places on my body are a lot thinner. I'm determined to lose about 60lbs within the next 6 months or so. I have also decided that the year 2010 will be about Traci. I am going to be working hard on myself. Making myself a better person all around. I begun to realize that for the last 9 years it has been about kids. I have always put everyone before me and its time to change that. I need to do something for myself for once. I have been looking for a job, and also thinking about going back to school. Putting something under my belt is what I need to do.


My Moms Group has been a godsend as well. Actually participating and going to the meetups has been very therapeutic for me and great for the kids as well. If it wasn't for some of the wonderful mommy's in that group, I think I would go insane. Its so nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels like I'm going crazy at times.


The boys are growing quickly and are very busy. Anthony is doing terrific in school. His report card was wonderful. He has taken up the hobby of reading and I couldn't be more happy. He received the Harry Potter book series for Christmas and is already half way through the 3rd book. He amazes me everyday. Eric is also doing wonderful in school. He looks forward to going each day and is sad when its time to go home. Jaxson and Xavier are the best of buds (when the other 2 are in school), but fight like crazy when everyone is at home. Since they are so close in age they have the same interest in toys which causes some chaos in the house. Xavier is chatting up a storm and says quite a bit for his age. Hes starting to put sentences together as well. Jaxson has shown interest in the "potty" so we have begun working on that as well.


All in all The Thomas Family is doing Great.