CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Exciting News but Hard Month Ahead




Well its November 2009 already. We are quickly approaching the one year mark that we lost Alexander. I can't even remember much of this past year. It's like I have been engulfed in a fog and on auto pilot for most of it. I'm anticipating November 23 to be a very emotional and sad day, so Steve and I have decided to get out of town for a few days. My Aunt Janice and Uncle Geoff have been so nice to offer their condo for a few days. I just cant bring myself to be in this house on the morning of November 23, so Tahoe here we come. I hope that we will be in your thoughts on the morning of November 23. Please light a candle in Alex's memory. And if you can please do at least 1 act of kindness in his name. I would love to hear what you did as well! Alex's Act of Kindness.




On a lighter and more uplifting note. I have been appointed Northern California's Project Director for The Josephine Demello SIDS Foundation. What does that mean??? A whole lot. I get to work close with the SIDS community of Northern California. We are putting together a SIDS walk for October 2010. Since this is the first Northern Ca Josephine Demello SIDS walk, its going to be a lot of work. I am also working to get our local SIDS support group out in the open for SIDS families, so that they have a safe place to come and talk and get the support they may need. I am so excited to play a part in getting the word out there. SIDS is real, it happens, and when it does your life seems to stop for awhile. I will be trained as a SIDS peer parent and I couldn't be more proud of myself. With all of the wonderful friends and family that I have, I know I can make this happen. This journey that I have been on in the last year has been tough and draining, but its time for me to make something positive out of it and keep my angels memory alive.


The Thomas Boys are well. Anthony had a blast at Camp Hope. Camp Hope is a free Camp for children ages 6-16 who lost a loved one and need help grieving. They did a ton of activities: rock climbing, hiking, lots of art, as well as a candle light vigil to remember their loved ones. He expressed his intertest of becoming a Junior Camp Counselor so that he can help other kids grieve as well. I think the outcome has been wonderful. This was his 2nd and last time at Camp. He knows now that they way he feels is normal and he is not alone.




The boys are getting geared up for the Holidays. Which are going to be extremely tough, but we will get through it this year just like we did last. Its time to make a new tradition for The Thomas Family. I'm not sure what this will consist of, but whatever we figure out is going to be the best for us. I'm not sure if we will be celebrating Thanksgiving or Christmas like we have in the many years before but who knows. Whatever it may be, I will make sure to make it the best for us! Again, thank you to all my loving and supportive friends and family. I am thankful to have all of you on my side and there to give me that little extra courage when I need it. If it wasn't for all of you, I don't know that I would have made it this last year. I love all of you more than I could express and please don't stop being you. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox- The Thomas Family