CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

5 months

Alexander Lee:

5 months ago today you were taken from me. A part of me died when you did. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. I see pictures of you in every room of the house. At times I smile at the thought of your precious little face. Your big huge eyes and your adorable smile. Other times tears will just stream down my face as I wonder why you were taken from this world so soon. I miss you more and more. You brought to me more joy than you will ever imagine. I can still remember how you smelled and the cute little sounds you made while you slept. You were Mommy's little cuddle bug and I miss that.

I know you are up above watching over us. I know your godfather is up there with you and taking great care of you. Sometimes this all still feels like a nightmare, like I am going to wake up and you will be laying right next to me with your eyes open wide smiling at me. I wish it was.

I miss you monkey, more than words can explain. You will forever live in my heart, and will always be remembered by all of the people you touched. You touched more people in 3 1/2 short months than some will ever touch in a whole lifetime.


Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.