Well Steve and I have been married for 1 year. March 1, 2009 marked our 1 year wedding anniversary. The last year has had its up and major downfalls. I believe that we have been through some things that people will never have to face in a lifetime. And thank god for that. I would never wish the pain and heartache that we have been dealing with on anyone.
Well on a lighter note. Steve and I were able to get away for 2 days and 1 night. We left early Tuesday morning and headed to Monterey CA to do some whale watching, seafood eating, rest, and relaxation. With the help of my helpful, brave mother and a very close friend we were able to be CHILDLESS!!!!! Can you believe that! Those brave souls watched all of our kids and held the fort down quite well. I came home to a clean house with happy kids!!!! Well we arrived in Monterey at about 9:00 am and checked in at our boat that departed at 10:o0am for whale watching. Even though we spotted No whales, we did find a lone little sea otter and some seals. Plus we got free rain checks so we could come back at anytime. From there we ate lunch at Bubba Gumps and headed to the Aquarium. It was interesting. From there we checked into our cozy little hotel and took a NAP. Yep I said it.....A NAP!!!! In the middle of the day??? It was amazing! Later that night we went out on the wharf for some yummy dinner. The weather wasn't all that great, but it was wonderful to be away and just the two of us.
Well we called it an early night, watched some TV and slept a full nights sleep with no crying. We woke early and headed to some beaches with tide pools and browsed around. Steve found what is thought to be a whale bone and I got some shells for the kids. We headed home about 10am. It was an amazing mini vacation that was very much needed for us. I know that with everything that is going on we have kind of been drifting apart. We are both grieving in complete opposite ways and its tough.
I saw my therapist and she has diagnosed me with Post traumatic stress disorder and given me a follow up app for some kind of treatment. Im not sure if its hypnotist therapy or what. But we shall see at the end of this month. I'm pretty much up for anything at this point. Anything to stop the nightmares and anxiety attacks.
Today is Thursday and things were good up until about 2pm where I noticed that Jaxson had something funky going on with his eyes. Yep PINK EYE!!!!! Can I get a break with all this sickness???? So now I am walking around behind him sanitizing everything he touches.
I just wanted to update everyone and let you all know that I appreciate each and everyone of you. I know we are in your thoughts and prayers and I know at times you don't know what to say or do for us. Just know that your friendship. love, thoughts and prayers are about all you can do and we wouldn't have survived if we didn't have all of that.



